Temporary Local Rule
(effective 30 May 2020 until further notice)
“When a player’s ball lies in a part of the general area of the 1st to the 18th hole cut to fairway height or less, the player may take free relief once by placing the original ball or another ball in and playing it from this relief area:
• Reference Point: Spot of the original ball.
• Size of Relief Area Measured from Reference Point: one hand span from the reference point, but with these limits:
• Limits on Location of Relief Area:
- Must not be nearer the hole than the reference point, and
- Must be in the general area.
In proceeding under this Local Rule, the player must choose a spot to place the ball and use the procedures for replacing a ball under Rules 14.2b(2) and 14.2e.
Penalty for Playing Ball from a Wrong Place in Breach of Local Rule: General Penalty Under Rule 14.7a.”
The General Area is the area of the course that covers the fairway only.
EXCEPT for the other four defined areas:
- The teeing area the player must play from in starting the hole
- All penalty areas
- All bunkers
- The putting green of the hole the player is playing