While no announcement has yet been made by the Premier of Victoria, our Club is optimistic of a return to golf in some form when Stage 3 restrictions on recreational activities are revised or removed at midnight on Monday 11th May 2020.
The Match Committee has been preparing to return to golf on Tuesday 12-May and Saturday 16-May. But please note, we have had to make substantial changes to how we book and play golf.
New processes to be followed:
- We now need to book online in advance using our OneGolf software
- We have the option of scoring using the MiSore app rather than using cards (free to members for a trial period)
- We have new COVID-19 local rules to observe
- If you wish to play on either of those two days, please contact Kristine Holden ASAP (Tuesday players) or Melita Gannon by 14-May (Saturday players)
- Kristine will send instructions for online bookings in OneGolf and using the MiScore app
- I will send the revised local rules on Friday. You can also view them on our website and MiScore app
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact either myself, Kristine, or Melita
On the Ball for Cancer
Albert Park Women’s Golf held their annual charity day recently. Each year a charity is selected and this year the Committee selected Ovarian Cancer Australia (OVA) as the nominated charity in memory of one of our members, Clare Fidler, who sadly passed away earlier this year. Clare was a very popular member and active committee member with the club for many years and had been diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer over 20 years ago. She is greatly missed by us all so it was fitting to remember her in this way.
The charity day, held at the Albert Park Golf Course on Tuesday 18 November saw members and their guests enjoy perfect weather for their golf day. They played a fun Ambrose Pairs event which was followed by a delicious lunch of Paella provided by YUM Catering.
Overall, the club raised a whopping $1,230 to help support OVA with much needed funds! A big thank you to everyone involved.